2007년 9월 12일 수요일

My second week in Finland








I just thought it's better to have blog for me to share 'photos & thoughts' with many other friends here... So, I made up a blog!!! (I'm kind of person who is so lazy that don't much do things volutarily and especially on-lines. I know it will going to be a little some challenge for me to look after this one ^^* May be it would shoothe me a lot... or not. kk )



The girl beside me(I'm the one with the cap) is my roomate named Stephania and she's from Italy. She got really beautiful eyes and smile. I really love her olive green eyes! Wonder how could eyes can have such color! I didn't got to acknowlege that I've got dark eyes and hair until I came here since I've been among only Koreans usually... It's weird that getting to my appearance in a new point of view~

It's refreshing as well as making me startled that I didn't knew me that much. It's giving me a shock that I didn't look up to myself that much until now.

9/3 : arrived in Finland(Jyvaskyla) in the afternoon by small airplane which had two big noisy but cute propellers on each side of the wings. It was almost one whole day to get to here and also it was the exact time when I started to get the feelings that I'm being parted (in physical ways)with my family, friends in Korea, and other precious people I left behind. I was worried about my tutor not sending any message to pick up me, but it ended to my just my worried and everything including my baggage problem went just as smoothly as it can be.

9/4: this was the date of beginning of the orientation for newly come students. Every exchange students about 400 were introduce by names(it took quite long) and said 'Moi(it's 'HI' in Finnish.)'. We sat down and heard lots of informations to get through. It was boring but as well it was really worthful so I had to attend wether I like it or not. After being oriented, I followed my tutor on a campus tour(I think.. I can't rightly remeber what I did in what day.)

9/5: also attend the orientation for newly come students in Music building and got info. about the English or Finnish lg. courses I could join. It was impressing since Finns who are good at Eglish are REAL REAL REAL good at it. I'm sure that many of Koreans can't tell who's Finn to native speaker. I've got introduced to the system of library briefly. I don't remeber what I did in 5th evening and night... probably I was knocked out and slept.

9/6: On this day I visited my department to arrange my studies and got some shocks T ^ T
The coordinator of mine said to me that I should change my already decided course because I seem I can't follow Finnish students who majored English. All my studies in Korea was no worth?! I got real depressed but I got to know why she adviced me so when I went to my first class. There was a big gap between what Koreans call 'advanced level' and Finn's advanced level in lg. . I am now real curious how Finns learn and get to use English so good. It's gonna be my number one mission to uncover here! What's the magical spells for them to be such good English users? I've also heard that many DO speak Swedish as well as Russian since those lg.s were taught and learned in secondary schools obligatorily. The atmosphere emphasizing lg.s is making me envy this country. Also in this night, I went to the crawl party(the party to welcome) and had fun. Dancing, Drinking upciders(I prefer dry apple cider than sweet one), Talking, Laughing... ^^* Parties really get people bring together, I think. It make you feel the same 'zone' among different people and it melts ice~ Doing something same real works as ice breaking~
9/7: On this day I opened my bank account and did some shoppings. (Don't rember.. )
9/8: I went to the real Finnish sauna and enjoyed alot! REALLY! I had to wore bathing suit but hadn't got one here so I just were my sport top with short pants to dive into the lake after eating myself in sauna. The sauna itself wasn't that much different from the one in Korea, but the difference was within the LAkE which was right beside the sauna. It was my first my in my life to jump into the lake! I was a little bit scary but also it made my heart pound!
9/9: With flat mates, we held potluck party at Sammy's place. We weren't ready to cook literary but still we came up with spaghetti, some over bluffed pasta(that I did;;), pizza, canape(don't now how to spell), raymen, and snacks... There were 7 of us at one place and it was funny that we used un-matted bed as our table. It was the experience I always admired to have and now 'm happy that I could have this one as my cute little memory before I be a serious grown up.
9/10: I had my first class on Monday. It was quite OK. I'm going to write two essays in processing mode. It's not that new to me since I've learned it as in teachers point of view, but practice and just knowing what it is is a lot different, so I'm looking forward to it. By the way, in the class, I was the only exchange student and the only Asian girl... kk. At night, I tried to go out for a disco but failed. (I didn't know we have to have our passport to have a sip of drink in Finland!) I found I am a real bad driver and made my friend wait for me whenever I try to start my bike roll~ as well as when going up hills... What's wrong with me? T^T

9/11: I think I statyed home all day and just took a walk in the afternoon. I bought some dishes and cups...
9/12: I've been to my first Finnish class and got to know that people around me really look matured. Where's my age?;;; They all look gorgeous~ Nevertheless, I learned Finnish greetings today, and I'm gonna try it on to the people. By the way, I thought I lived quite hard enough... but things just come out differently. Am I really trying my best? the word BEST is really a big one. I should think about it throughly before I just say it out. I sould, gotta hang on to my life and be desperate....
YES, I MEAN IT.








댓글 없음: